1. do it yourself, then。
既然这样,你一个人来吧。【疯狂想像:其他人抱怨你没做好的时候说!】
a: that's not the way i wanted it done。
这可不是我想要的方法。
b: do it yourself, then。
那你一个人来呗。
2. that's more like it。
这才像话。【疯狂想像:像个长者一样地说!】
a: don't talk to your brother that way!
别跟你哥哥那样说话!
b: i'm sorry i insulted you, jimmy。
对不起,我侮辱了你,吉米。
a: that's more like it。
那这像话。
3. that's going too far。
太过分了!
a: should i buy my girlfriend a car?
我是否该给我女友买部车呢?
b: that's going too far。
那太过分了!
4. see. / i told you 。
我老早告诉过你。【疯狂想像:洋洋得意地、有先见之明地说!】
a: it was stupid of me to go bungee jumping。
我居然去蹦极,真是太蠢了。
b: see, i told you so。
看,我早就这么说。
5. so what?
那又如何?【疯狂想像:毫不在乎地说!】
a: you're not wearing your seatbelt。
你没系安全带。
b: so what?
那又如何?
6. i'm counting on you. / you're my only hope。
就指望你了。【疯狂想像:可怜兮兮地说!】
a: sure, i'll come watch you give your speech。
当然,我会来看你演讲的。
b: great, i'm counting on you!
太好了,我就指望你了。
7. do something ! / don't just sit there!
想想方法吧!
a: honey, the garbage needs to be taken out。
亲爱的,垃圾该拿出去了。
b: so, don't just sit there, go do something about it!
那你就别光坐在那儿了,去做点事吧!
8. who do you think you are?
你以为你是哪个啊?!【疯狂想像:毫不客气地说!】
a: you shouldn't talk to your children that way。
你不该这么跟你的孩子们说话。
b: who do you think you are? mind your own business。
你以为你是哪个啊?管好我们的事吧。
9. sTOP playing the fool. / don't act stupid。
别装傻了。
a: honey, would you please put the dishes in the dishwasher?
亲爱的,你能把碗碟放进刷碗机里吗?
b: i don't know how to run it。
我不了解如何操作。
a: sTOP playing the fool!
别装傻了!
10. any complaints? / do you have something to say?
你有什么不满?/你有哪些话要说吗?
a: can i see the work schedule for next week?
我能看看下星期的日程表吗?
b: here it is. do you have something to say?
这就是。你有哪些要说吗?